You're nearly finished writing. You know your piece could use something... a final polishing, or a bit more than a spell-check, or perhaps a thorough independent review. That's what I help with.
When you're ready to have your project edited, simply email me to discuss the scope of the project. Send along a few important details to help me make a preliminary estimate. I offer a lower rate for sole proprietors and small nonprofit organizations. Rush jobs can often be accommodated for an extra charge.
What's your scope?
- What stage is your material in? Is the piece newly written? Has it been through one or more review cycles? Is it final, already-edited copy that needs only a proofread pass?
- What is the word count? Microsoft Word displays the word count on the status bar at the bottom of the page. (If it's not there, right-click the status bar and click Word Count.)
- What format is it in? Are you planning to email your text in Microsoft Word or PDF format, post it on a cloud-based file hosting service, or mail a paper manuscript?
- What is your timeframe? How much time do you have for this project: Six weeks? Six days? Or just a few hours?
- What editing level do you need? Ready for a final pass (proofreading)? Looking for fresh eyes to spot errors you can't see anymore (copyedit)? Or do you want all the help you can get (substantive edit)? If you're not sure, we can assess your situation together.
- What is your highest priority? Some situations call for perfection; others have a tight deadline. You know your goals: What must you have, and where could you be flexible?
I look forward to helping your next project become clear and compelling.